School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, MA.
Bachelor’s of Fine Arts, Cornell University, 1996. Dean’s List.
General Manager, WRFI Community Radio, 2014-present
- Direct and supervise paid staff including Programming Assistant, News Director, and Music Librarian;
- Coordinate and supervise more than 70 on-air and other volunteers including those dedicated to
engineering, technical, programming, construction and legal tasks;
- Plan and oversee all fundraising activities including marathons, mailings, and major donor relations;
- Maintain CRM to track all donations, analyze data and adjust fundraising strategy;
- Develop premium designs with visual artists, oversee premium production and distribution;
- Write, edit, design, and produce online and print outreach materials;
- Develop training materials and procedures for all volunteers;
- Oversaw design of new public website (2016); supervise maintenance and troubleshoot bugs;
- Oversee maintenance of all facilities and equipment at station’s studios, offices, and two transmitter sites; plan and execute new and replacement equipment purchases and installation;
- Maintain consistent internal communications to apprise staff of volunteer expectations, technological
changes, fundraising expectations, and more;
- Serve as station’s primary liaison to public and community organizations
- Serve as primary compliance officer for all FCC filings, maintenance of public inspection file, and EAS
participation and reporting;
- Maintain all license agreements with PROs and affiliate and programming agreements;
- Serve primary, 24-hour emergency response needs for dead air conditions and power outages;
- Ensure all bills are paid in timely manner, track all expenses;
Acting Program Director, WRFI Community Radio
- Recruit and train new hosts; develop new and existing programming;
- Evaluate all programs, implement schedule changes;
- Supervise Program Assistant to ensure all live and automated programming is aired as scheduled;
- Supervise quarterly playlist reporting to Sound Exchange;
- Supervise Sub Shift Manager (volunteer) to ensure proper scheduling of substitute hosts;
- Ensure maintenance of broadcast standards; discipline staff as needed.
Marketing Specialist, Freelance, 2012-present
- Provide web development, graphic design and photographic services for clients including:
- GreenStar Cooperative Market, Edible Finger Lakes, Celia’s Ice Pops, Local First Ithaca and more.
Marketing Specialist, GreenStar Natural Foods Market. 2004 – 2012
Designed, edited, and produced print and electronic publications driving sales and connecting members, board, and the community. Primary achievements include development of a new content managed website, a monthly tabloid newsletter, three annual mailings, electronic and print displays, and graphics. Oversaw and implemented sweeping rebranding campaign. Shot award-winning video.
Motion Picture Camera Assistant, Freelance, Member Local 600, New York, NY. 1996-2001
Episodic television from Sesame Street to The Sopranos (seasons 1-4), films including Phone Booth and Death to Smoochy, music videos including Busta Rhymes, Common, and Lauryn Hill, advertisements, industrials etc.
Radio and audio production, WordPress CMS, html and css, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign. Lighting, photography, videography and filmmaking, copy writing and editing.